With all of the spring scheduling going on I have been starting to think about what I may want to major in. I know I still have a while to decide, but this is something that requires some planning. Before college, I thought about either a communications major, public relations, nursing or nutrition major. Once I got to UVA, I heard that the comm school nd nursing was too hard for most athletes to get into with their crazy schedule, and we don't even have the other two majors I was interested in. This makes it kind of tough. Most people on my team are either majoring in Psych, Soc, Politics, or Anth. None of these really sound that great to me. These are supposed to the be the easier majors, but what exactly can you even do with a degree in Anthropology? It seems so dumb to go to a good school like UVA but then major in something so random that no jobs would hire you with. I don't really know what to major in at this point, so I guess I will just keep waiting until something sounds interesting enough. What are you all thinking about for a major?
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Deciding On A Major
With all of the spring scheduling going on I have been starting to think about what I may want to major in. I know I still have a while to decide, but this is something that requires some planning. Before college, I thought about either a communications major, public relations, nursing or nutrition major. Once I got to UVA, I heard that the comm school nd nursing was too hard for most athletes to get into with their crazy schedule, and we don't even have the other two majors I was interested in. This makes it kind of tough. Most people on my team are either majoring in Psych, Soc, Politics, or Anth. None of these really sound that great to me. These are supposed to the be the easier majors, but what exactly can you even do with a degree in Anthropology? It seems so dumb to go to a good school like UVA but then major in something so random that no jobs would hire you with. I don't really know what to major in at this point, so I guess I will just keep waiting until something sounds interesting enough. What are you all thinking about for a major?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don't let people tell you that just becasue you are a student-athlete, you are likely to be unsuccessful in certain subject areas. People have told me that I would most likely later decide to be pre-med because my athletic schedule is too demanding to get good enough grades. I think of college this way: I play a sport for my undergraduate years, but I will need to go to graduate school for something I am interested and believe in. I would not suggest majoring in somehting just beccasue you have heard it is easier. If you have no interest in art or physics, it will be very challenging becasue you dislike the topic so much.
ReplyDeleteThe graph is very interesting, funny, and thought provoking.
yea i have no idea what i could possibly major in because i cant figure out what job im gonna be able to keep when the time comes ha
ReplyDeleteDeciding a major is very hard and I often wonder will I change mine. I am so confident in what I want to be know but will that same confidence be present a year from now?
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking about majoring in sports medicine and it's going to be difficult but its possibel. Just remember that most courses and classes at UVA are difficult, you just have to be willing to put the hard work in.
ReplyDelete