The mayans predict that the world will end on December 21, 2012. I am not really sure if I believe this, but I have heard and read things that say the Mayans made a calender until the end of time and accurately predicted a lot of major events. Some people say that the Mayans predicted World War I and World War II, as well as the September 11 attack on the World Trade Centers. They were very intelligent when it came to the stars and astrology. This particular day (12-21-2012) is interesting, becuase the sun will supposedly sit right in the center of the galaxy. Do you believe that the world may actually come to an end or do you think all of this is nonsense?
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
December 21, 2012
The mayans predict that the world will end on December 21, 2012. I am not really sure if I believe this, but I have heard and read things that say the Mayans made a calender until the end of time and accurately predicted a lot of major events. Some people say that the Mayans predicted World War I and World War II, as well as the September 11 attack on the World Trade Centers. They were very intelligent when it came to the stars and astrology. This particular day (12-21-2012) is interesting, becuase the sun will supposedly sit right in the center of the galaxy. Do you believe that the world may actually come to an end or do you think all of this is nonsense?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think it is nonsense. I don't think anyone can realistically predict the end of the world. I don't think the Mayans predicted the exact date for all of their hunches, so I'm sure they will not get the exact date of the end of the world correct, either.
ReplyDeleteBut, maybe the numbers represent something (12-21-12) it's only 1's and 2's! Personally, I do not think anything will happen, but it's an interesting topic to discuss.
I do not think the world will come to an end. How can we? We are in college trying to earn better opportunites to creae better lives for ourselves. I would feel that I am wasting my time here if I would not even be able to gradutate for the University before the world ended.
ReplyDeleteI think if we believed this calendar, people would be acting indescently when the date approaches. How would we act if the world were to end? Would we not go to class? Would we do crazy things we wished we alwasy had the courage to do? Who would we tell we loved them?
i don't think this is true. People thought the world would be over when it hit 2000. Remember Y2K? I think its all speculations and nonsense.
ReplyDeleteI don't think this statement is entirely true for the reason that it has also been said that while they have predicted many events that have happened; there have also been times when they predicted things that haven't come true
ReplyDelete"Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness...give me truth"
ReplyDeleteDavid Thoreau