Living right outside of washington D.C., I remember hearing on the news about the Sniper shootings. I was in about 5th grade, and our whole community was freaked out. I would run home from the bus stop and was scared to be outside alone. After shooting 13 people (killing 10), the two men were finally caught, I was definitely relieved. Recently in the news they reported that the older man involved is scheduled to be sentenced to death on November 10. However, it is controversial because his attorney claims that he suffers from various mental illnesses.Do you think that he should be sentenced to death no matter what, or do you think that the fact that he has mental illnesses should change the punishment that he is given?
Death penalty. Good topic. Couldn't anyone claim to have a mental problem once put on death row? Isn't any murderer insane? Wouldn't you have to be insane to do what he did?
ReplyDeletePersonally, I'm against the death penalty. I just don't agree with it.
The death penalty is something that i am undecided on. however i do believe that this man should never be aloud to walk the streets again. he drove around with a teenager that he basically brainwashed and shot and killed innocent men women and children. If he is saying that he did this because of mental instability then let him rot in a mental institution for the rest of his life.
ReplyDeleteI agree with both of you. I think that the death penalty is unnecessary to anyone, because sitting in jail for life is probably the worst punishment that anyone could face.
ReplyDelete